As your lender, we will need information on your finances, employment history, and credit. This will allow us to ensure you are pre-approved for home financing and to discover your loan options. In general, if applicable, you will need to provide the following documentation:
- The previous month’s pay stubs.
- W-2 forms and federal tax returns for the last two years.
- Social security award letter.
- 1099 for disability income.
- Information on rental properties, commissions, and any other sources of income besides salary.
- Bank, stock, and securities statements for the last two months.
- For gift funds: a gift letter, evidence of transfer, and sometimes evidence of withdrawal.
- Divorce decree.
- Explanation of discrepancies in credit.
Last modified: December 11, 2017